Saturday, August 23, 2008

The Rat Race

I was having a lovely dream this morning involving Brad Pitt playing an Olympic diver. I was and "extra" on set and got to stand by him while he was wearing a tiny nothing of a bathing suit....sigh....then Lucas woke up. 6am never seemed so lame. Saying good-bye to Brad, I hauled out of bed to get the babble monster next door.

Oh, these boys, full of hugs in the mornings and by the evening taunting each other to no end. Lately, I feel like I should have a few tape recorders around so I can just hit "play" as I get tired of repeating the same refrain every evening:

"Stop kicking your brother...Lucas, no hit...David, go high if you don't want him to bother you...okay, you are being too loud....AB-SOOO-LUTE-LY NOT, that is unacceptable behavior....."

The absence of Kiel during the day has had the boys and I re-inventing the wheel a bit this week, and I think, is part of the ramped up behavior. I know we'll work it out. It may take another week or two, but we'll get our act together again. We always do.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am right there with ya! :) I find a glass of chardonnay for myself and part of a Pixar movie for the girls is a nice 15 minute break at the end of the day.
-Liz